Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Wedding With A Side of Independence

As most of you know, my dear sister Alyssa is getting married on Friday! We thought it would never come but the big day is finally upon us. It's been a flurry of colors, planning and bridal showers for her and I think she's grateful that the planning is coming to a close. It makes me think when I was engaged and wish I had documented and cherished each and every moment of it. It goes by so fast. By the way, I went tanning to prepare for wedding photos and my poor pasty skin hasn't seen the sun in so many months. I'm so burnt. (ouch!) I'm going to bathe in aloe vera when I get home. Anyways, to get to the point her last shower was on Saturday. Her soon to be sister in laws set up the bash for her. It was beautiful and she got some very thoughtful gifts.


It had an Asian theme. Complete with sushi and take out boxes with fortune cookies. The food was delicious. Jon even made an appearance to move everything to their new place.Brave man to not be scared off by that many women, he's a keeper.


One last side note. A lot of exciting things have been going on for me lately. It's made me think about how if I have faith my Heavenly Father takes care of me. I've been very blessed and I'm just trying to take it all in and think about all of the little things I'm able to have and do that I should be more grateful for.
I'm finally on the road, look out!

4 comments:

Brett and Chelsea said...

Happy be-lated birthday! and I'm so proud that you are finally on the road! :) You should take a drive on over to our house because we haven't seen you guys in forever!

Becca said...

ahhhhhh!!!!!YOu passed! How long you've waited for this day. I'm so happy for you. You are growing up right before my eyes "kid"
I LOVE YOU
I know we aren't supposed to say that (family rule #1) but I do!
Congrats

Noni said...

How strange, it made me cry to see your foot on that gas pedal. Ditto to Beccas "I love you" oh Becca I love you to. I can see you squirming from here.

Alyssa said...

Ill leave out my "L" word but congrats! Im so so excited for you. Dont know if I was more excited for you driving or the shower!