Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July 2009!

It's the fourth! It was so much fun but as usual most of the festivities were on the 3rd. So on Friday morning we all packed ourselves into the car and drove to Bear Lake. We "roasted ourselves like lizards on a rock" as some would put it. We didn't spend much time in the water though because it was so stinking cold. But it was way fun and I finally have a tan line. yes!

Heath and I didn't go to the fireworks last year because we didn't want to get stuck in traffic but we decided to go this year and recreate our first date. I know, it was adorable. We walked instead and got home in 15 minutes and felt bad for the poor saps stuck in traffic. He told me that he still loves me and that he still thinks I'm just as cool. Even though I'm really not. Love him.

The clouds started rolling in, our so called summer was very true to form, and we started to worry that it would ruin the evening. Thankfully it didn't and we got to do the holky polky with hundreds of others. I can honestly say I had an awesome time. I didn't realize how close we were sitting to the actual fireworks and was struck by stray pieces of cardboard. It was great.


Riley put on a fireworks show for us on Saturday night. And I have to say it rivaled the one at the stadium.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It was good to see you guys over the 4th!