Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Fun

We've been having so much fun this summer. Though, it hasn't been the best weather for the middle of June we've still had a lot of fun. We're just keepin it simple, working and relaxing. Reading books that we want. (not that heath has to read) And just enjoying spending time together. We also got to kidnap some of our favorite children a couple of weeks ago.


Dear Felix Madison and Hadley,
Thanks for letting us kidnap you and take you to the park to play "ball tag" and roll down the hill. Even though we probably enjoyed it more than you did, thanks. It was awesome.

All three of my sisters birthdays are in June. Crazy, I know. But the most recent was Becca's. It made me think of my birthday and how everyone I know made it wonderful for me. I'd have to say I was spoiled rotten this year. But Becca gave me the one appliance I can safely say changed my life in the kitchen forever. (anyone who has a life in the kitchen can relate) this is an ode to my Kitchenaid. Oh how I love that it appears I put hours of work into something when really you mixed it all up nice and neat while I put away the dishes. (sigh) Thanks for thinking of me Becca I hope your birthday was awesome.



Finally, I found an awesome cupcake recipe here. They are called Lady X cakes. I know, you love them already. They are kind of summery for a cupcake. Pineapple and banana goodness. Needless to say, I put them in my fridge, ate them cold and polished them off in a week. It was wonderful.


the song I love today: "use somebody" by Kings of Leon (it makes me think of my husband. ssh!)

3 comments:

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

What a coincidence you love that song today, considering I am going to USE you tomorrow- I tried to spell manniana? but I should conquer English spelling before venturing into Spanish!
Love You

*Chelsey* said...

I was starting to to wonder about all of these birthday posts! That's crazy your mom had so many in June. I will have to try that recipe-thanks for sharing!