This is Reggie. (this picture doesn't do him justice. my camera sucks) I guess his title now is 'good friend of the family'. Or at least it will be. He was one of Heath's companions on his mission. He lives in the Philippines and by some stroke of luck he got to come to the states for work for a little while. So Heath and I planned a trip to SLC to see/meet him. In the beginning I didn't think I should go. I didn't want them to have to speak English on my account but I decided this was a huge part of my husbands life and I should get to know more about it. We also made a stop at a philipino grocery store that Heath has been telling me about since we got married. They had some tasty and some not so tasty things. (beef bile...yes you read correctly... beef bile) But we did get some yummy mango cookies and spicy ramen noodles. Then we went to the visitors center at temple square to wait for him. Honestly, I don't think I've been there since I was 16 but it was awesome. We walked around a lot though and I made the mistake of wearing new shoes. ouch. Then I finally got to meet Reggie. I can honestly say he was probably one of the most genuine people I've ever met. The first thing he said was that Heath didn't need to go to the Olympics to win a gold medal because he already had one. Me, being the medal and yes I liked him immediately. He also told me about his lovely finace that is attending BYU Hawaii. (talk about long distance) We met up with another companion of Reggie's. We'll just call him M because we don't know his first name. Well M is a football player and very fit. He suggested that we walk to crown burger...it's only half a mile... I've never loved my husband more than when he looked and my swollen bleeding feet and said "maybe we should just drive". M was also a very nice. Reggie suggested that I learn the language that they speak and told us that we need to go to visit him in 2011 because it's the 50th celebration of the church there. Well I thought it was silly at first but I think I'll give it a try. Then I can tell secrets to my husband and no one will be the wiser. All and all it was a good day and I got to spend a lot of quality alone time with Heath. And Reggie your awesome and it was so cool to meet you.
"
4 comments:
What other time do you and Heath spend together? You lucky ducks!
Sounds fun, leave it to you to wear new shoes, were they red flats of thanksgiving aftermath shopping, I also wore mine for a long strech and totally regretted it.
I'm glad you guys had fun. What do the shoes look like?
Hey girly, will you send me your address? Thanks annileegriffin@yahoo.com
Heath is very thoughtful!
Post a Comment